Subject: [Radbull] Major event on June 4th - will be online
... June 4, 2013 San Diego/National/Japan News Advisory ...
FORMER JAPANESE PRIME MINISTER AND EX-HEAD OF U.S. NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION TO DISCUSS FUKUSHIMA'S LESSONS FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
*** Webcast and Audio Feed Available to Media Outside of San Diego ***
Against Backdrop of Debate About Fate of Troubled San Onofre Reactor, Two Public Officials Who Led During Time of Japanese Reactor Crisis Appearing Together.
SAN DIEGO, CA.///News Advisory///Two public figures who led the response in Japan and the United States to the Fukushima reactor crisis will appear together Tuesday for the first time to outline the lessons of Fukushima for Southern California, which now awaits the decision on whether or not the crippled San Onofre reactors near San Diego will be restarted.
Former Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan will discuss his concerns about the inherent dangers posed by nuclear reactors. He will be joined by former U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Chair Gregory Jaczko, who has emerged as a leading critic of safety at U.S. nuclear power plants.
The event will be available live both to reporters in San Diego and via phone feed and Webcast to members of the news media elsewhere in the U.S.
News event speakers will be:
- The Honorable Naoto Kan, former Prime Minister of Japan from June 2010 to August 2011;
- Gregory Jaczko, former chair of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission from May 2009 to July 2012;
- Peter A. Bradford, adjunct professor at the Vermont Law School, a former member of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and a former utility commission chair in New York and Maine;
- Arnold "Arnie" Gundersen, chief engineer of the energy consulting company Fairewinds Associates, and a former nuclear power industry executive; and
- Dave Roberts, County Board of Supervisors, San Diego.
FOR REPORTERS OUTSIDE OF SAN DIEGO: A live Webcast from this news event will be available to reporters outside of San Diego, CA., starting at 8:30 a.m. PDT/11:30 a.m. EDT on June 4, 2013, at http://av4b.com/live/
FOR REPORTERS IN SAN DIEGO: Members of the media in the San Diego area are invited to attend the seminar starting at 8:30 a.m. PDT on June 4, 2013, at the Chambers of the San Diego County Board of Supervisors, 3rd Floor, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego. (MAP)
MEDIA CONTACT: Alex Frank at (703) 276-3264 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abalone Alliance Clearinghouse archivist
Radbull mailing list